- MAPA’s 2017 Board of Directors
- MAPA & MAAPT Conference
- Asphalt Pavement Awards
- Seasonal Load Limit Notification
- 2017 Standard Mileage Rates for Business, Medical and Moving Announced
- Video of the Month: Noise Reduction Matters
MAPA’s 2017 Board of Directors
MAPA & MAAPT Conference
This years’ MAPA Annual Meeting & MAAPT Conference were held in St Louis Park at the DoubleTree hotel on December 7, 8 & 9. There was excellent attendance this year for both events!
Asphalt Pavement Awards
Seasonal Load Limit Notification
Winter Load Increases will begin on unrestricted highways in the NORTH and NORTH-CENTRAL FROST ZONES at 12:01 AM on Friday, December 16, 2016. Click here to read the full tech memo.
2017 Standard Mileage Rates for Business, Medical and Moving Announced
The Internal Revenue Service today issued the 2017 optional standard mileage rates used to calculate the deductible costs of operating an automobile for business, charitable, medical or moving purposes.
Beginning on Jan. 1, 2017, the standard mileage rates for the use of a car (also vans, pickups or panel trucks) will be:
- 53.5 cents per mile for business miles driven, down from 54 cents for 2016
- 17 cents per mile driven for medical or moving purposes, down from 19 cents for 2016
- 14 cents per mile driven in service of charitable organizations
The business mileage rate decreased half a cent per mile and the medical and moving expense rates each dropped 2 cents per mile from 2016. The charitable rate is set by statute and remains unchanged.
Video of the Month – Noise Reduction Matters
New Members in 2016
New Contractor Member:
- Northland Constructors of Duluth
- Buck Blacktop, Inc
New Associate Members:
- Am CAST
- Bryan Rock Products, Inc.
- Clarence Richard Co., Inc.
- MidWest Dry Ice Blasting, Inc.
- Larking Hoffman
- Rihm Kenworth
- Constellation Energy
- Schlenner Wenner & Co.
- Tricon Wear Solutions